Welcome to the Department of Electronic Engineering
of the Hellenic Mediterranean University
for state of the art studies
undergraduate (with a new 5-year Electronic Engineering degree program),
postgraduate (with 4 postgraduate programs), and
doctoral (with PhD dissertation) in:
Telecommunications – Electronics – Automations – Lasers – Networks – Computers – Informatics – Medical Systems – Defense Technologies – New Materials
The Department of Electronics Engineering of the Hellenic Mediterranean University offers high-quality undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral studies in telecommunications, electronics, automation, computers, and information technology.
The Department occupies an important position in the Greek and international educational space of state-of-the-art technologies, thanks to the tireless efforts of its teaching-research staff and its students.
The Electronic Engineer graduated from the Hellenic Mediterranean University has a modern knowledge base, competence, and learning capability, with the potential to contribute in an innovative way to development and research.
The Department of Electronic Engineering is constantly striving to adequately meet the challenges of science and technology, providing prestigious degrees to its graduates and pursuing excellence at all levels. Its level in both education and research is confirmed by its very good external evaluation, by the results of past international research that rank it high, and mainly by the achievements of its graduates.
We are pleased to welcome you to our Department in Chania.
The Department of Electronics Engineering of the Hellenic Mediterranean University
The Department of Electronics Engineering of the Hellenic Mediterranean University was founded in 1982 (as the Department of Electronics Technological Institute of Heraklion – Chania Branch) in Chania with the aim of covering with high-quality engineers the Greek and European market in the field of modern electronic technology, telecommunications, automation, of computers and IT.
- It offers a very high level of education to its students and has created a very positive tradition in the field of higher education
- It collaborates on educational and research issues with many major educational and research institutions in Greece and abroad.
- From the statistics we hold, most graduates of the Department finishing their studies are absorbed in a remarkably short time from the job market in cutting-edge technology.
- The scientific staff of the Department includes high-profile scientists of international prestige.
The Department of Electronics Engineering of the Hellenic Mediterranean University today has:
- Autonomous doctoral studies.
- The re-established standalone postgraduate program “Lasers, Plasma & Applications – Lasers, Plasma & Applications (LaPlA)”.
- The re-established stand-alone postgraduate program “Telecommunication & Automation Systems (TeleAutoS)”.
- More than 3,000 active students.
- More than 2,200 graduates.
- 26 permanent teaching staff at all academic levels.
- 10 members of technical and administrative staff.
- More than 20 laboratory, scientific and research partners who are heavily remunerated by resources the Department attracts from competing programs.
- Modern building infrastructure of more than 5.000 sqm in Halepa, Chania (Romanou 3 street, next to Evangelistria).
- More than 35 well-equipped laboratory spaces.
Telecommunications – Electronics – Automations – Laser – Networks – Computers – Informatics – Medical Systems – Defense Technologies – New Materials